/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 11, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/11/2006 11:02:00 AM
Life is stranger than fiction. My miracle is proof of that. Things, people, or life altering events occur and we miss the significance until years later. Only then do we finally see the hand of God.

I was nineteen and needed to save money for YWAM, so I found a factory job for the summer. I made friends with a young married couple that really loved the Lord. On several occasions, we met for lunch and prayer in the back of my van.

He was a delightful character with a strong “absent-minded-professor” quality. He’d expound on the latest concept in science or other such worthy topic. As he spoke, his wife would watch him with such love. It really moved me, because I came from a dysfunctional family and I’d never seen such love and devotion.

He wanted to be a writer and to make movies. I mentioned that I planned to write a book too, but it sounded shrill. He gave me a kind of “sure kid” nod, and I felt like a dope. At the end of the summer, we had a special time of prayer and the Holy Spirit came on me to prophesy over him.

“Thus says the Lord; Arise shine, the glory of the Lord is upon you. You shall be the first to be successful at writing Christian books and you shall make movies...”

It was the seventies and almost nobody read Christian fiction, let alone made movies. I’d really stuck my neck out this time. They went off to college and I went to Germany to attend a School of Evangelism in YWAM.
I was sure I’d never see Frank and Barb Peretti again, but I did. It was seven years later and it was the darkest trial of my life.


More tomorrow, almost finished.

 



5 Comments:


At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Blogger Rulan

It is strange how we miss the hand of God until we look back. wow, you took a big step of faith to prophesy like that way back when you were only nineteen. So cool. God is so good. May He bless you greatly, my friend.

 

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey Curm,
I'm really really loving this. So inspiring and exciting. Can't wait for the next installment.

 

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

Talk about cliffhangers. ;)

 

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Blogger Francine Biere

You know, even with the surprise of realizing who you were talking about, the ending of this post is even more intriguing.

I'll be baaaaaaack

Blessings, Francine

 

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

How awesome is the Holy Spirit? I just got goosebumps over your prophecy!