/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 02, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/02/2006 12:44:00 PM
Summer vacation after kindergarten was tuff. The backyard swing-set seemed lame compared to the mega playground at school. Lucky for me it was only a few blocks away, so I went there often.

One day there were a couple second grade girls jumping rope. My heart began thumping under their hypnotic gaze so naturally I pretended that I had a secret transmitter in my wrist watch. Secret agents are so cool.

Visibly impressed, they pointed and giggled; obviously hoping I’d join them. After a careful look around for bad-guys, I briefed them on my top secret mission and I even showed them the secret handshake. I had them wrapped around my finger and it felt good. Ah, older women.

My wife won’t let me play spy anymore, but we will keep that a secret. When I came to Christ, I became part of a family way cooler than any spy-ring. We even have something better than a secret handshake to identify ourselves as Christians. We treat each other with love.


John 13:34-35

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."


 



16 Comments:


At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger crallspace

Based on the blog title, I was expecting... a rant.

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Great post :)
food for the soul
janice

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Curm, way cool. lol I can now picture you as a young spy.
What a neat way to bring such an important message. Great post curm. Keep it up.
God bless.

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

crallspace - Thanks for stopping by.

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Janice - Soul food is my favorite!

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Kid - Thanks for the kind comments.

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger jomo

Rant on Brother. Love ya

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

nice one, curm. blessings to you! c",)

 

At Monday, January 02, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

John - Thanks bro.


Pia - Blessings to you too!

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Blogger Mirtika

Lovely post. I'm all into nostalgia the first days of January.

God's secret handshake is the hardest of all (how much easier to "snark one another" or "cold shoulder one another" or "judge each other mercilessly at all time." But love, whoa, talk about disarming one's pride. That's a tough secret handshake. BUT..it's the one that brings the most rewards. Nothing fills you up like it.

So, hurrah for the one God chose.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL CURMUDGEONS EVERYWHERE.

Mir, Curmudgeon, Jr. AKA The Snarkster

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Mir - Wow, your comments fed my spirit. Amen, preach it sister.

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Curm...*kssshht*...it's Mimi...*kssshhht*...glad we're on the same side...*kssshhht*...go to Bible study place again...*kssshhht*...liked having ya visit...*kssshhht*...Mimi out.

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Hey! I just saw the Kid's post. Where is my copy? Do I have to go over there and rough ya up or what?

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Mimi - A day without a visit from you is like a day without sunshine.

As for the book, it's a long story. I hope I can give you one someday soon.

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

We do have a problem with spy rings...Paul warns about them in Galatians. But as long as we do not surrender the freedom we have in Christ and refuse to be enslaved. Being a member of the family of God in Christ Jesus is way cooler than working on the chian gang by someone who shanghied you.

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

St. Jeremiah - Well said. Thanks for stopping by!