/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 05, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/05/2006 03:26:00 PM
Last week, my friend and critique partner felt led of the Lord to highlight my WIP and my healing on her blog. I’ve received so many questions that I thought it would be better to talk about it here.

I admit that I’ve been reluctant to share the story because it seems like anytime someone says “God told me” or “an Angel appeared out of thin air” and people start doubting the speaker’s sanity or integrity.

I wish my story were so tame. Just know that everything I tell you will be the truth, albeit the condensed version. Ok, you’ve been fair-warned. My story begins with a miracle.

I retired from Youth For Christ at the end of 1999 with a rapidly progressive neurological disease. I developed a Parkinson’s tremor, double vision, weakness, difficulty walking, frequent falls and my voice became a whisper. The worst part of all was the Alzheimer’s like confusion that grew worse daily.

It was March, 2003. I sat staring at nothing, my mind in a foggy muddle. Small puddles of drool soaked my beard at the corners of my mouth. My left hand shook to a rhythm that seemed to erupt from the center of my being.

Miraculously, my confusion lifted and I heard the voice of the Lord:

“It is time to write the book.”

Come back Monday for part 2.
 



11 Comments:


At Thursday, January 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

thanks for sharing your story with us, CR what God can do :)
janice

 

At Thursday, January 05, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Curm, it must have been so hard to go through all that. Every time I think of where you have been and how the Lord healed you, I see the awesome power and grace of God.

I love to hear testimonies of God's love and grace. He has chosen you for a special perpose. I pray the Lord completes what He has begun. God bless you my friend. May your words and testimony touch many lives for Christ.

 

At Thursday, January 05, 2006, Blogger Bethany

ohhh...the suspense!

 

At Thursday, January 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

you heard an audible voice? wow! i also want to hear an audible voice from God. looking forward to reading more on monday.

God bless.

 

At Friday, January 06, 2006, Blogger jomo

That was what they call a tease. I was really getting into it and it stopped. Now, I'm chomping at the bit for more.
Praise God for you, David. God is great in you.

 

At Friday, January 06, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

I'm all chills. Cannot wait until Monday!!!

Isn't strange the way we start books? I started writing mine as an escape from the stress of the Children's Home I worked at.

 

At Friday, January 06, 2006, Blogger Clara

Curm,
I'm so excited that you're sharing your story. What a wonderful miracle God has done in you. I can hardly wait for you book to be published!

Clara

 

At Saturday, January 07, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

David, I need to ask you an odd (but oh so important question)

What was the Date in March 2003?

 

At Saturday, January 07, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thank you everyone for stopping by. You’ve left some very encouraging comments. Thank you to Rulan for nudging me to tell the story. Before now, what I shared above was only known to my church and closest friends.


Michelle – No, I don’t know the exact date in March. I wish I did.

 

At Saturday, January 07, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

I think we would hear more from God if we regularly spent quiet time listening for that still, small voice of His. We are too often too busy for what is really important. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. God's power and faithfulness to us is just awesome to behold, even in the worst of times.

 

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger Francine Biere

David, your "Part 1" brought tears to my eyes. Your story is somewhat similar to mine and I admire your courage to speak out. I know God will use your story to speak to others.

Blessings, Francine

PS Can't wait for Part 2