/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
December 19, 2005
posted by David Meigs at 12/19/2005 09:45:00 AM

I’ve been walking with God for thirty two years now...

Ok, who am I kidding? My “walk” began with a crawl, but after years of training and bible study, I learned to “stumble and fall”.

I know something about falling down. I’ve managed some spectacular “face plants” over the years. Practice makes perfect, so I’m REALLY good at it. Thank God, each time I’ve gone splat Jesus forgave my sins and healed my wounds (I like that part).

I guess what I’m saying is that “walking” with God is best done from our knees. It’s not so far to fall, and if you do, it’s a good place to be.
 



9 Comments:


At Monday, December 19, 2005, Blogger Rulan

Curm, great post. God is so cool. I love Him so much. If it weren't for His loving kindness, I'd not be here at all.
Blessings to you my friend.

 

At Monday, December 19, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Kid -

God is good. I see God is even good in the far off land of the Kiwi. God bless you!

 

At Monday, December 19, 2005, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Yeah, I have the asphalt burns on my face too. Praise God He forgives.

Merry Christmas Dave!

 

At Monday, December 19, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

MC - Put a little Agape-balm on those burns. Merry CHRSTmas!

 

At Tuesday, December 20, 2005, Blogger David Edward

hello again - from the floor

 

At Tuesday, December 20, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

david - Thanks for stopping by. Isn't the love of God amazing?

 

At Tuesday, December 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Curm,
this is a cool blog, your post, makes me think, that I need to spend more time on my knees,
thanks
Merry CHRISTmas
janice

 

At Tuesday, December 20, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Janice, thanks for stopping by. You are right, we all need to spend more time on out knees. Besides, there's less cahnce of falling on our face.

 

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey...a saint that was born in the 70's also. I was born again March 22nd 1971.

That was back when "Late Great Planet Earth" was a best seller, the Jesus Movement came out, and the Gaither's, Sandi Patty, and Steve Green were topping the Christian Music Charts.

I understand about being a late bloomer. I was born...but left to figure it out on my own from there. It wasn't until six years later that I met a former backslidden Hyles Anderson Bible Collage student in the Army...that discipled me and set my feet on the straight path. I spent a lot of time falling down...but like you said...while your are there...might as well start doing some praying there.

Your servant in Christ
St Jeremiah