/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
June 29, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 6/29/2006 12:49:00 PM
Jude Allman died three times and it messed with his head... BIG TIME! Hey, if YOU woke up in a morgue three times wearing nothing but a toe tag, you’d be quirky too.

He was hounded day and night by a throng of inquiring minds who wanted to know the answer to what lies on the “other side”. Poor Jude had no choice. He changed his name, moved to Montana, boarded up the windows and hid from the world... and “them” too.

I’m talking about WAKING LAZARUS, by T. L. Hines (Bethany House). It won’t hit the shelves for a week, but in my mind, it’s already destined to be a bestseller. Be sure to fasten your seatbelt before opening the cover. It’s going to be a wild ride.

I admit that I was skeptical when I heard the premise for this book. The old “Guy comes back from the dead with special powers–thing” has been done again, and again. But T. L. Hines surprised me with a book that sets itself apart. This is no re-mix of old ideas. WAKING LAZARUS handles the concept with exciting freshness.

The story is wrought with suspense and delightful creepiness...maybe a bit too creepy for the younger readers out there. But it also had its share of charm. The characters were rich in personality and their relationships are complex and intriguing. Jude’s relationship with his son melted my curmudgeonly heart.

There are so many scenes that I’m aching to share, but I don’t want to spoil the book for you. Congratulations to T. L. Hines, on a job well done.

WAKING LAZARUS has earned a special place on my bookshelf.


Order WAKING LAZARUS at Amazon.

Be sure to visit the author’s website.
 



8 Comments:


At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger Rulan

wow David, sounds like Tony has written a really exciting book.

Who is “them” ? They sound scary to me.

Waking up in a morgue wearing nothing but a toe tag would sure be reason to freak out. I know I would.

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger jel

if it is a bit creepy for the young, does that mean it is to creepy , for me? :)

I'm still getting over the oath !

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

There is only one way to find out who "they" are... and I'm not telling.

Rulan, you’ve got to read this book!

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

jel - No, it's not too creepy for you... But at night, you might want to keep the book in the freezer.

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger jel

oh one time when i was in the hosp, and they were taking to my room, we were in the elevator, and they pushed the wrong floor#and we ended up in the morgue, and i remember asking if this meant I was died! I kid you not!

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Did they try to fit your with a toe tag?

My wife spent 18 years working at a veterans hospital. She has some chilling tales about their morgue. Down right freaky.

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger jel

so that what that was I thought it was a name tag, so in case I forgot who I was!

 

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol David, you sure know how to keep up the suspence.