/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 10, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/10/2006 11:20:00 AM
My right hand was curled up like a claw, but I did my best. From the outside, I still looked a mess; but on the inside, I soared with eagles. Never had I experienced such an outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

Out of compassion for my family, I felt God was helping me to write a book to leave for my children. All kids naturally want to emulate the hero. In reading this book, they would learn important lessons like self sacrifice, forgiveness, abstinence and so much more.

I molded my children’s personalities into “their characters”. My Caleb had a fascination with falcons, so I gave “Caleb” a falcon named “Mrs. Tibit”. “Joshua” was the tall, silent warrior and “Rochelle” radiated a tender sweetness and had a gift for song.

My oldest son David was stationed at Fort Bragg, which gave me the location for the story. The plot was simple; the “Blade brothers” would go to Jamaica and face an evil voodoo cult in league with a devil worshiping pirate. After returning home victorious, “Pa” would die, which is the ultimate healing for us all.

However, God had different plans. This time it was a still small voice that said, “Heal “Pa” most of the way”.

“But Lord, “Pa needs to die to teach the kids about death!” I argued.

The Lord was firm, so I reluctantly agreed. Then other elements were added, such as a 12 ft tall Nephilim (giant), and a strong theme on the evils of slavery. Many other times, the Lord had me change something here, or add something there.

I finished the book in less than four months, and a second one followed just three months later. I was well into the third book when my wife brought me an article she had cut from the Paper. It was an advertisement. Frank Peretti was coming to town!

“Thank you Lord, now I can make things right with my brother!”

.......
 



6 Comments:


At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Blogger Rulan

wow curm. I love reading all this, especailly the part were you soared with eagles inside. Talk about quicken the spirit. It gave me the goosebumps.

Some of the things you are sharing here, you had not told me before. I can't wait to hear more. God is so mighty. Praise to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

 

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Blogger jomo

Wonderful, David. Loved it immensely

 

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

even if i'm feeling so much drained lately, i want to read more of your story. it's so inspiring.

 

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Blogger Francine Biere

This is so good, Curm. You are a wonderfully "visual" writer and that makes reading your posts a joy. Can't wait till the next installment.

Blessings, Francine

 

At Wednesday, January 11, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

I plan on reading this when I can think clearly. Just wanted you to know that I will! My head hurts...time for me to get in bed.

God Bless, Curm!

 

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Sounds like a book I'd love to read! Hmmm...maybe we can exchange books and critique them? Whatcha think?