/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 09, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/09/2006 09:30:00 AM
I stared straight ahead, my mind muddled in a heavy fog. Drool soaked my beard at the corners of my mouth.
Suddenly the fog lifted and I heard the voice of the Lord: “It is time to write the book!”

Before going on, I need to clarify a few things.
1.) For starters, what I heard was more than the small still voice that speaks to our heart of hearts. I’d compare it to when young Samuel was summoned in the middle of the night. It was the kind of voice you answer back aloud.

2.) Yes, God commanded me to “write the book”, but it’s not a new holy epistle containing previously unknown truths. The Holy Spirit guided me as I wrote, yet the book’s not perfect; in fact, it is far from it. I think every Christian writer understands what it is to write with the interaction of the Holy Spirit.

Ok, now that we’ve settled two of the theological sticky points, let’s get on with the miracle.
When God told me “It is time to write the book”, I knew He spoke of the story that had been living inside me since the seventies. Now I could finish my work on earth.

God lifted my confusion, but the rest of my illness sped on like a runaway freight train. I had no delusions that this book would ever be published. No, to the contrary, I felt that this was God’s great love allowing me to write a story to leave to my children. I marveled that He planned it all those years ago.

My whole life prepared me for this task. The 70’s was a time of Angelic visitations, visions and prophecy. The 80’s brought personal failure, overcoming dysfunction, extreme spiritual warfare and restoration. In the 90’s I learned precious keys to unlocking strongholds in the lives of teens and families.

I planned to center the conflict on the death of the “Pa” Character. In this way, my kids would learn about death and the ultimate healing it brings. Little did I know that the book was to be a prophecy of things to come...

More tomorrow.

 



7 Comments:


At Monday, January 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks CR :)
I"ll be there :D
blessings friend
janice

 

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger Rulan

So cool to have heard the Lord. We have an wonderful God. His ways are higher than we can ever imagine. Every time I hear your testimony, I am struck with wonder at God's amazing love and grace.

 

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

:) I love this story!

 

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger Mikesell

Wait! You wrote Gilead? I did not know that.

 

At Monday, January 09, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks everybody for the kind comments.


Chris - you crack me up.

 

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Oh Dave! I understand about the leading of the Holy Spirit in writing. Although I never suffered as you have, my life experiences led me to write also. God is so wonderful, how He uses everything for a reason. He even cares enough to guide me in writing a fantasy! I cannot wait to hear more of your miraculous story.

 

At Tuesday, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

i was trying to access your site but i kept on getting an error. i'm glad i was able to open it today.