/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
October 04, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 10/04/2006 12:50:00 AM

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter preview. I only wish that I could have posted the second chapter also. That’s where the author hooked me. From then on, I couldn’t put it down.

Based on 2 Chronicles 21–23, Ginger Garrett’s skillfully written DARK HOUR is a real page turner. Athaliah, the daughter of Jezebel, was the first wife of Jehoram, the son of Jehoshaphat, the King of Judah. Athaliah murdered one of her husband’s Hebrew wives in the process of childbirth and took her baby daughter to be raised as her own.

Raised by Athaliah, Jehoshebeth knew nothing of the God of her ancestors. But then, one night she sneaks away from the palace, sees the City of David, the Temple, and learns about the true God of her people.

Athaliah was bent on destroying the line of David, and perpetrated a massacre, but Jehoshebeth rescued and hid one of the children. This was the ultimate tale of good versus evil and the linage of the Messiah hung in the balance.

DARK HOUR, receives my highest recommendation. Be sure to get a copy for yourself or a loved one. Even better, Ginger’s publicist has agreed to give away a free copy to the person who leaves the best comment on my blog. How cool is that!



Buy DARK HOUR at Amazon.com


Visit the Ginger Garrett’s website
.

 



6 Comments:


At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Sounds like a great story.

 

At Wednesday, October 04, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Yep, and thanks to my favorite Kiwi for dropping by

 

At Thursday, October 05, 2006, Blogger jel

Hi dave,
am going to check into this book when I go to town Friday!



take care

 

At Friday, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Great review, Curm. This sounds like a great book; really disappointed I missed the review copies. (maybe this second chance, huh?)

I really appreciate your recommendation. I'll send readers of my CFBA post your way. (Maybe one of 'em'll write a better comment, but it's all about getting the word out...)

 

At Friday, October 06, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Oh no, sorry to hear you never got the review copy. It was a really good book. Thanks for stopping by, bro.