/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
June 12, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 6/12/2006 12:06:00 PM
Thanks again to all of you who have prayed for my recovery, or left words of encouragement for me. It’s been two days since I’ve needed a nitro pill. But that’s not all the good news I have to share. I’ve got two big reasons to smile.

First, I was picked to share the role of the curmudgeonly “Wilbur Hucks” on Brandilyn Collins new blog project, based on her soon to be released novel VIOLET DAWN.

SCENES & BEANS, is the name of the blog operated by the Java Joint coffee house in the fictional town of Kanner Lake, Idaho. Those of us fortunate enough to be picked to participate will write blog entries for our characters.

Wilbur Hucks is a curmudgeon like me, so it should prove to be a whole lot of fun. Thank you Brandilyn!

My second bit of good news comes from last Sunday’s 50th anniversary celebration at a church where I used to work. While I served there as youth pastor, I got to lead over 100 kids to Christ.

But my greatest joy was in leading a whole family to Jesus. The dad, now one of the church elders, gave his testimony. I was so blessed, and you will be too.

Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you all about it.
 



15 Comments:


At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger Rulan

wow, so cool. Congrats David, on all counts. Hope you give us the link to the blog when it starts. It sounds like it will be great fun. Can't wait to hear more.

What a blessing to have led all those kids to Christ. That is awesome. Praise God.

Glory and honor and praises be to the Father on high for your healing and for the work He does through you.

Many blessings to you and your family.

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Oh wow, silly me. You did give us the links. (embarrassed grin) It looks cool bro.

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Rulan!

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger Mikesell

Congrats, fellow Wilbur. The S&B blog looks to be a lot of fun.

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger Ciera

great reasons to smile!

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Great job, David. I bet you'll have a blast with the role. I'm glad you are feeling better! I'll be sure to come back to read about the family. Awesome.

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Chris... err, should I call you Wilbur? ...lol


Ciera - Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by.


Mimi - Yes, it will be a blast. Thanks for stopping by and the well wishes.

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

Rulan let me know you were under the weather (thanks Rulan!) and I've been praying for you. I haven't been around lately but I wanted you to know you've been prayed for and I'll keep praying.

All praise to Him!! For your good days, for the family that now is forever in His hand, and for becoming 1/4 Wilber!

~your friend,
1/3 Jake. :)

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

Whoo-hoo! Glad to hear you're doing so well! Just goes to show you can't keep a Curmugeon down!

 

At Monday, June 12, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Michel, - I was at your blog reading about Orientalisms while you were commenting on mine. Too funny.

Michelle, - Congrats on landing the Jake role. That rocks!

 

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

Well, that's just fabulous! Dave, I'm so glad you are feeling better. I prayed for you and will continue to pray for you. God has made you a beautiful person!

 

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Gina, - Thanks for your prayers.

I hope the trip to your sister's is a great one!

 

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Karen - “aya” or “yay”, either one is a high compliment from someone as gifted as you.

God bless you sister.

 

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Congrats my friend...We're going to have a ball!

And I'm glad you're well to enjoy it!

 

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Congrats to you too, Bonnie!

I'm really looking forward to starting all the fun.