/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
June 05, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 6/05/2006 11:19:00 AM
There is no way to say this without sounding dramatic, but here goes. Last Wednesday, I had another heart attack.

I was visiting ChristianWriters.com when I was hit with a wave of nausea and chest pain. I managed to send off a plea for prayer to Rulan and then everything went dim.

I’ll spare you the gory details, except to say that there doesn’t appear to be much, if any permanent damage. Time will tell.

My doctor warned me it was coming. I’ll give him that. For a couple months now, I’ve kept the nitro pills close at hand. It doesn’t seem to take much to bring on the angina.

Lucky for me, last week’s blogs were already written and uploaded. All I had to do was go online and click “publish” But even that felt like a lot. At least I’ve found a purpose for my laptop.

Yesterday, I got to go to church. When I walked through the door, I was hit by a wave of love and concern. I saw kids there who I’d never seen in church before. They came to find out if “Pastor Dave” was ok. It really blessed me.

Ten minutes into the service, it all hit Darla at once. She had been carrying such a heavy weight. She broke down and I held her tight as she released it to God. I love her so much.

I am taking the rest of this week off from blogging while I rebound. But I do plan to be back for Friday’s “Bad Pun Contest”. I enjoy your wacky comments so much.

Thank you for your prayers!
 



16 Comments:


At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger Rulan

David, my friend. You have my prayers. And I'm believing and claiming your full recovery and healing. God is mighty and He loves you and your family. His mercies never end.

It touched my heart when I read of the kids asking how "Pastor Dave" was. That is so very cool. Reading of Darla, brought tears to my eyes.

I pray peace to you all and healing and protection to you in Jesus' mighty name.

 

At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger Gary Wood

You are in my prayers along with your wife and church.

 

At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

Curm, I'm praying for you. You're one of the coolest guys I know and we've never even met! Stay well, friend.

Love

Miche

 

At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger donna

Praying for you Curm....and your family...
Love and hugs to ya!!
Donna

 

At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks everyone for your love and prayers.

A little more rest and I'll be back to being as curmudgeonly as ever.

 

At Monday, June 05, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Way cool. You'll be bouncing around the net in no time flat.

 

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

I stumbled upon your site here via Master's Artist and was so blessed. Please know that I'm praying for your full recovery and hope you'll be back soon.

 

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

God bless you and Darla. Rest and be refreshed. We love you and are praying for you.

 

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Lord God, bring complete healing and recovery to David. We speak healing to his body and believe You to do a new and complete work in a beloved seravant. Grant David and Darla peace, joy, and anticipation for Your move within their lives. Thank you, Father, for once again answering the prayers of Your children. And we will be careful to give You all the praise, honor, and glory.

 

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

You are healed in the name of Jesus. God is the Father of healing. He made your heart and He knows how to fix it. So keep positive. Keep saying that you are healed, because you are.

 

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006, Blogger Kim

Praying for you and for Darla. (and for your kids).

 

At Tuesday, June 06, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Dave my friend, I am praying for a full recovery for you.

I'm so glad Rulan alerted me!

Take it easy and come backwhen your rested. We'll be here!

 

At Wednesday, June 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

praying for your full recovery. i know He will do that for you. hang in there.

 

At Wednesday, June 07, 2006, Blogger Miss Audrey

Dave,

I also came over from Rulan's blog. I've seen you around Christian Writer's but we've never had the opportunity to get acquainted. I pray that the Lord will give you his perfect peace during this time of storm. May He be with your wife and family also, and may He restore to you your health in record time!

 

At Thursday, June 08, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Rest assured that I am still praying for you David. I hate to bother you at your time of rest but I also have an urgent prayer request. Some friends of mine just lost their 11 year old boy. The details are on my blog but their names are Lisa and Tim. They also have an 8 yr old daughter named Casey who needs prayer to handle this great loss. Thank you. I know you are a prayer warrior or else I wouldn't bother you right now. God bless you and I hope you recover swiftly!

 

At Thursday, June 08, 2006, Blogger donna

Still praying for you David....and Darla...all your family...bless you
Donna