/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
June 26, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 6/26/2006 10:10:00 AM
“Hmm, hmm, hmm...,strawberry fields forever”

Ok, I don’t remember the words to that catchy Beatles tune. Truth is, I don’t remember the words to any song, not even my own. It’s kind of depressing really, but it also gives me reason to smile.

When I go to my prayer closet and worship, I get to sing to the Lord a “new song”, well a “mostly new song” because I have to make up new words until I hit a part of the chorus I remember.

When the Lord healed me of my neurological disease, He didn’t restore my memory completely. I’ve lost all my memory verses, every worship song and so much more.

But I’m not complaining. I haven’t needed my walker or cane since Nov. 16, 2003. I have my life back. Praise God! So what if I have to make up new words for the songs?

The problem is I remember what it was like to remember. I used to be able to “wing things” from the seat of my pants, and do it well. I carried a heavy counseling schedule. I was always being asked to speak somewhere. It was so effortless. It was so fun.

“Lord, heal me the rest of the way.” I prayed like a broken record.

“My grace is sufficient for you.” He always answered back.

“But I could worship YOU better IF I could REMEMBER the words.”

“You know the words to Hallelujah.”

That shut me up. It’s the same word repeated over and over again. Now, nothing can stop me from making a “joyful noise” to the Lord.

It may not be like it used to be, but it seems to be more powerful somehow. Everything is filled with More power. Lives are being changed. It’s just that I can’t take any of the credit. It’s all the Lord now. His grace is sufficient for me.
 



14 Comments:


At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger jel

you said it!
his grace is suffcient :)



huggs

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger Rulan

You, my friend, have a heart for the Lord and worship comes from the heart. May the Holy Spirit sing through you. May He lift up His voice to the Father and the King of kings.

May great joy flood and overflow you. You are loved.

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Janice - Grace to you, my friend!


Rulan - May the Lord bless you 10X in every way you blessed me. So there!

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger Todd M

This is a beautiful post. I am glad I stumbled across it.

In our weakeness, He is strong and makes us strong.

Thank you for sharing.

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger Jody

Hi!
I studied creative writing in college and I am interested to learn more about your writing. Do you write fiction, too?

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Nothing stays the same forever...even the things we want. This is a new day, make a joyful noise all ye lands...Hallelujah!

The Lord will give you new things to remember!

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Oh, I'm not not posting...Blogger is being a bugger and won't show them!

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Todd - Thank you for stopping by. God is so good!




Jody - Thanks for dropping in. In answer to your question, I write mostly fiction.

I’ve completed a few novels, started several others and perfected none. But I’m getting close.



Bonnie - Where would I be with out all your help? Did I ever tell you that you’re and answer to prayer?

You are!

I forget what else I was going to say... lol

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Hint #412356743....I've got a lot of hints.

Pictues in the center column cant be any wider than 250px or it shoots the posts to the bottom of the page when you have a 800 x 600 screen.

Bigger screens don't have a problem, but there are still a lot of people with the smaller screens!

You are such a doll Dave!

 

At Monday, June 26, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Bonnie!

You're the Doll!

 

At Tuesday, June 27, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

So sad, but so beautiful Curm.

Thanks for the reminder.

 

At Tuesday, June 27, 2006, Blogger Mirtika

You have just described what I thought was simply the pains of middle age and atherosclerosis.

I was like you, remembered stuff--verses, passages of poetry and fiction, etc--and now. Hah, let's say I invest tons in sticky notes and memo pads and little moleskine notebooks.

Well, we can sing new songs together.

Mir

 

At Tuesday, June 27, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Mimi, thanks for the kind words. But, it’s a happy story. I just had to lean to view it through the proper lens.


Mir, - I agree completely...ah, what were we talking about?

I'll sing with you anytime.

 

At Wednesday, July 05, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Karen. And you’re right (as usual). I have hallelujah, and that’s a bunch.