/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
June 19, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 6/19/2006 02:01:00 PM
Yesterday was Father’s Day and all five of my kids were home. We barbequed steaks over alder wood and enjoyed all the fixings. Tasty stuff.

Whenever all the boys get together, the competition goes wild. Naturally, there had to be a tug-of-war to determine who was the strongest.

Caleb (15) is now bigger than his Army sergeant, older brother. Their muscles flexed like ancient gladiators. It was a draw.

Naturally, I had to show the young punks who was boss. But, as I picked up the rope, Darla ran out of the house screaming.

“You’re going to have another heart attack! What are you thinking?”

“I’ll be fine!” I said, and threw the other end of the rope to Caleb. It was no contest. I yanked the 6 ft tall teenybopper across the line. He let me win.

Dave Jr. toed the line and I knew he wasn’t going to be so easy. He pulled like a wild jack ass. My eyes bulged and my heart pounded, but I finally dragged the Sarge across the line.

I smacked him across the back of his head.

“Ouch, what was that for?”

“You didn’t let me win! Caleb let me win. It’s Father’s Day. What were you thinking?”

The whole family chimed in as I fell against the hood of the car to catch my breath. I milked it for all it was worth.

“Yeah, you should have let Dad win! Caleb did.” they jeered. It was great.

The taunting followed him all the way into the house.

Ah, Father’s Day.
 



13 Comments:


At Monday, June 19, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol. The bull and the bear. he he
Sounds like you had a whale of a time. Must have been a sight to see.

It is good to hear the pride you have in your family. So good you had a great fathers day.

 

At Monday, June 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bull and the Bear? Sounds familiar, eh? Inside joke time. But, it fits here.

Thanks for the kind words.

 

At Monday, June 19, 2006, Blogger jel

Glad you had a great Fathers Day!

 

At Monday, June 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Janice!

 

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

LOL!!!Heh-ehehe...nothing like raising boys....My boys were home cuz dad was 'busy.' We went out into the everglades and did some dove hunting...had to use arrows or crossbows, no fair pulling out the heavy arms. Too easy. I got one, the little guy got three, big guy got twelve. I had a good barbecue, got lot's of hugs.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if I had a daughter! Well, God was wise enough to say, 'Uh, let's just skip it.' Lol!

 

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Michel – It sounds like you and the boys had a good time.

I used to use a bow. Lot’s of fun!

 

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol. Love the new look and discription there on the right. he he he. Love the humor. You rock, bro. :)

 

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

No, YOU Rock!

 

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

You crack me up. Milk it baby! But I think I would have been right there with your wife, shouting at you for being such a goober.

 

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Mimi.

And you're right, I am a goober.

But it takes one to know one.

 

At Thursday, June 22, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Goober...I dunno...in my house we'd call you a putz!!LOL

Stop messing with those sweet boys!

 

At Thursday, June 22, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

PS...I like your Kanner Lake layout...ehem!

 

At Thursday, June 22, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bonnie, Thanks for helping without your knowing... I hope you are ok with it.

I just finished doing my own set up and then went over to visit your blog. I liked yours so much better.

Then I saw your Blog alliance set up... I couldn’t help myself.

But they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Does that help?