/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 16, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/16/2006 02:16:00 PM
Two weeks passed, but Frank’s words still rocked me to the core.

“Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.” (John 9:3)

Frank read the scripture, but the Holy Spirit gave it life. The Lord was speaking directly to me. God had a greater purpose in all this, so my suffering would not be in vain.

The phone rang. It was Leona. “Dave, I want you to come to my church next Sunday night. There is going to be a healing service.”

“That’s great; maybe the Lord will heal your kidneys.”

“Thirty years of dialysis is sure getting old. Wouldn’t it be great if we both were healed? Dave, I really want you to come. Do you know the directions?”

I laughed. “I used to be a member there, but that was a long time ago. Yeah, I’ll go; but you have to sit with me.”

It had been several years since I’d set foot inside Christian Life Center. Just hearing the words brought back the painful memories of losing my family to the cult. I should not have stopped going to church back then. If only I could find healing from the past.

“Lord, somehow reunite me with Pastor Jed before you bring me home.” I remembered praying.

I pushed my walker through the huge crowd until I found Leona. It was not long before the service began. After hours of testimonies of the healings he’d witnessed, the evangelist invited the sick to come forward.

The crowd stampeded, leaving Leona and me in the dust. The line was too much for me to endure. Leona sat with me until the crowd started to dwindle. Then someone started turning off the lights. It was over and I never even got a chance. It was so unfair.

“Dave, didn’t you get prayed for?” It was Jim M. A friend I’d not seen in years.

I tried to answer, but I was just too weary. The best I could manage was a whisper. Understanding my problem, he leaned in close. “No, I was too late.”

Jim called to a few men to come over to pray for me. After a few minutes prayer, the man called Jeff started telling me about all the “work” he “saw” God doing in my body. It shocked me because he didn’t know me from Adam and somehow he identified the exact areas of my illness.

“Do you feel any different?”

I shook my head no.

I knew God could have healed me if He wanted. Evidently, He wasn’t going to take this illness from me. I went home and crawled into bed, accepting my fate.

When I awoke in the morning, I knew something was different. It was a miracle! Everything worked. I ran, jumped and did everything I couldn’t do the day before. Oh, there was still a slight limp; but I could deal with that!

I guess you know the first person I called. “Leona, guess what... God healed me while I slept. It’s strange though, because it is not complete... its like I was healed 90%. It’s weird, but God must have a reason for it. Leona, I have my life back!”

“David, that is so awesome! Hey, isn’t your healing just like the Pa character in your books? Wasn’t he also healed 90%? Dave, I think it was a prophecy of your healing!”

I was stunned. She was right; it was exactly as the Holy Spirit told me to write it.

. . . . . . .

For the next several months, I fought the Lord’s prompting to visit a church that was only two miles from my house. Many years earlier, someone with ties to that church hurt me badly. Then one Sunday I didn’t have enough gas to drive to Port Orchard, so finally I gave in.

I couldn’t believe it. It was Pastor Jed!

It shamed me that my holding onto unforgiveness kept me from the healing I’d longed for. I was not only restored to my old pastor, but he also asked me to work with the youth!

God is so good!

 



13 Comments:


At Monday, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Thank you David, for sharing this with everyone, for showing God's grace, and his love,
janice

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Blogger Rulan

wow, I had to wipe tears from my eyes. What an amazing testimony of God's love and your acceptance of who He is. May the Lord bless you and your family.

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

David, I need you to write this book. In fact, there are lots of Christians out there that truly need to hear the truth about following God and the costs that are involved.

Another thing that is crucial is that we never have a full and complete life when we don't give everything to Him including our trust. It is riveting and you are the only one that can write it. I need you to write this book.

I don't know why I said it that way, I just felt compelled to say that.

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

Everyone willing, God can use. Every part of us we're willing to hand over, he can and will use for His glory.

God has already done mighty works through you. You and I, no matter how long we analyze and dream, cannot fathom what lies ahead in these coming days.

To surrender to Him is one thing, to surrender all and live in that faith of the littles ones, is totally different.

Hebrews 11:1 my friend. I can't see what's out there, but I KNOW it is there and I know it is BIG. When a heart desires and when the mind submits, the Holy Spirit is free to do things that we can only pretend to imagine.

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Wow, wow, wow! Thank you for sharing. If we really desire a strong relationship with Christ and to be used in great ways, the refiners fire awaits us. How many of us would make that choice willingly?

Cousin Rick...

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks for sharing this. Wow! What a wonderful testimony. Praise God for his healing.

You'll not understand why 90%, for His ways are greater than ours.

Keep on believing and trust in him that the 10% will come someday. He is a faithful God. Surely you will received the 100% healing!

May His annointing guide you as you write on.

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

this is awesome! wow! i want to have a copy of your book. you are an inspiration to us all. thank you for sharing this to us. miracles still do happen and you're a living proof. great testimony!

 

At Monday, January 16, 2006, Blogger RitasRavings

Awesome Curm!! I was glued through the whole thing and praise the Lord for your testimony and healing..

 

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Blogger Francine Biere

Curm ... you are a blessing. I cannot tell you how moved I was with your story. I can also feel the ache you must've felt in the writing, but what a testimony to our Lord.

I hope one day you will write a book about this, my friend. I'm hungry for more.

I pray God continues to use you and blesses you abundantly.

Francine

 

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

A book sounds wonderful Dave.

Have you reunited with your family? I know you've spoken about David getting back from Iraq...so, do you see them? Just wondering.

I love your testimony and cannot wait to read the book you've already written.

 

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

A B I G T H A N K Y O U to everyone for the kind words. What a cool bunch of friends you all are!



Mimi (MC),

You asked about the restoration of my family. The short answer to that is yes, my ex and I get along well. Dave Jr. lived with me for years before going off into the Army. Rochelle has a real heart for God and a gift for song. They are both quite close to their teenage half brothers.

 

At Tuesday, January 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

curm, the words you left on my blog are such an eccouragement. you're truly a blessing.

 

At Saturday, January 21, 2006, Blogger J.Hartig

Dave,

These words are remarkable. Thank you for this testimony to the remarkable power and unsearchable wisdom of God. I look forward to seeing more of your writing.