/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
April 24, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 4/24/2006 11:55:00 AM
A few months ago, I purchased the Bible in digital format. It’s great, I put it on my MP3 player and listen to it as I drive, or putter around the house.

I’ve been cycling through the New Testament about once a week (again, and again). It’s brought a richer overview of Jesus and the early Church.

It’s not a replacement for the real thing, but I can’t get enough of it!
 



9 Comments:


At Monday, April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Wish I had such a program, it would be great to get more of the word into me. I have been very lax in my reading of God's Word and in spending time with Him.
God bless you and may you continue to enjoy the spoken and written word.
Have a great week.
Pa's partner.

 

At Monday, April 24, 2006, Blogger jel

sounds cool!

 

At Monday, April 24, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Anonymous, - Thanks for stopping by. BTW - I like your name.


jel, - You’d love it too.
God bless you Janice!

 

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger William G.

Ah, yet another good reason to invest in an iRiver. :D

 

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

William, - I heard on your podcast that you were thinking about scoring one. You won't be sorry.

I hear that iRiver makes a good one, but make sure you get one with a large enough, back-lit display. It sure helps song/scripture navigation at night easier.

Many of the flash readers won’t do audio books. I saw a 1-gig, SanDisk player at Office depot for only $69, and it does audible format too.

Good luck shopping!

 

At Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Blogger Mark D

Amen, David!

I like your blog (you had me at Marshall stack) and will be back to check out more. Thanks for stopping by mine!

 

At Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Mark, - Thanks for stopping by. I like your blog too.

What can one say about the marshal stack?

It may have weighed a ton, but it was a wall of sound. Good not only for ripping up the fret board, but as lethal as a cannon in warding off intruders in the night. It could be herd for miles... Muhahaha.

 

At Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Blogger William G.

Audible compatibility is something I haven't thought to check into. I'll have to do that. Thanks!

 

At Thursday, April 27, 2006, Blogger William G.

Just checked... the iRiver T10 is audible compatible. YAY!