/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
April 12, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 4/12/2006 09:34:00 AM
.......
Ok, I don’t really have anything interesting to say. But, I do have one almost newsworthy event to report.

It’s a well known fact that doctors have the third largest fragile-egos on this planet (behind unpublished writers and Hollyweird celebrities). Anyway, yesterday I witnessed a doctor ALMOST admit to making a mistake!

A couple weeks ago, I received my first pair of prescription glasses. I looked forward to being able to see again, but I was disappointed the first time I put them on. One side was perfect, but the other side was better suited for deep space observation.

I may be new to the world of corrected vision, but even I knew that someone made a mistake... but, according to the doctor, it had to be me and not the glasses. I’ll explain...

First, I was lectured on diabetes, and how even one high blood sugar could affect my vision for months. Then she remembered that I’ve had neurological issues and I kept waiting for her to suggest that it was all in my head. As if a good shrink could help my right eye accept the traumatic events of childhood. Obviously, I was in denial.

When she was sufficiently satisfied that I accepted the blame for my optical malfunction, she took my glasses and left the room to check the lenses to determine which side she would have replaced (hello, one side was perfect).

After 5 minutes she returned, looking borderline embarrassed.

“The LAB messed up and gave you the wrong prescription on one side.”

I wanted to say “NO DUH LADY!” but I held my tongue. For a minute, I thought the doc was going to apologize, but it never happened.

It’s just as well, because the last thing we need is for Hell to freeze over.

.......
 



8 Comments:


At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger jel

Proud Of ya David, for not saying it! :)

 

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

jel - Ok, I'll admit it. I was too much in shock to speak. lol

Thanks for stopping by!

 

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger Rulan

LOL. Don't you just love it when you're proven right, but you hold your tongue? Blessed are the peace makers.

I would have loved seeing her face when she was out of the room checking your glasses. lol

I'm with Janice, I'm proud of you.

May the Lord bless you and may He teach the eye Doctor what it is to love the Lord.

 

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan - My mom used to used to say:

“If you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all”

Or something like that.

To be honest, I don’t really remember. The old woman was always going on and on about something. She rarely ever shut up.

 

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

Too funny!

My eye doctor said once, "You have bad eyes." Uhm...really? hmmm. Do ya think MAYBE that's why I came here to see you today?!

 

At Wednesday, April 12, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Michelle - lol, for some reason, I thought that eye docs would see things differently....

yuk yuk

 

At Thursday, April 13, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Your right...if hell freezes over, it will mess up the global warming thing...LOL

 

At Thursday, April 13, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bonnie - Here in the Seattle area, we don’t believe in global warming or a coming ice age.

We do subscribe the flood theory though.