/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
April 03, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 4/03/2006 01:26:00 PM
.......
The other day at the dentist’s office, two of the dental-assistants were carrying on in a conversation that went something like this:


“I’m not coming into work, I’m not going out, and I’m not even going to open the curtains.”

“W-what are you talking about? What day?”

“You don’t know? This is bigger than 9/11.......... June 6th, 2006..., get it? ..... 6/6/6!”

“The mark of the beast?”

“I read it on the internet that the Antichrist is going to appear on that day.”

“That’s creepy! Do you think it will really happen?”

“I don’t know, but they would have never believed 9/11 would happen either. I’m not taking a chance; I’m staying home that day... I don’t care if I get fired.”

.......

Oh, I could have had fun with this, but my tongue was numb. It killed me to let it pass, but why take chances? I need my tongue for grooming my mustache.

Here is another date, much more interesting than June 6. If you have a digital clock that shows the seconds, on Wednesday April 5, you can watch the clock and the date add up to this:

1:02:03 04/05/06


This will never happen again!


.......
 



6 Comments:


At Monday, April 03, 2006, Blogger jel

RUN for the hills, duck tape the windows, and the doors! :)

hey wait a min, I got plans for that day, I can't stay home :(


Hey Curm, is this time AM, PM, or FM 1:02:03 04/05/06

 

At Monday, April 03, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

jel - I think it's AM, PM and FM too!

 

At Monday, April 03, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. yuk yuk

Poor curm. I bet you wished your tongue was safe to let rip with all sorts of wisdom.

Man, it would have been fun to have been a fly on the wall that day at the dentists. I bet your eyes would have shown the words you wanted to speak, if only they had dared to look.

I wonder if God looked down and grinned? Would He have nudged an angel and said, "Hey, look at this. I just had to have some fun today."
lol

God bless you, my friend. Thanks for the chuckle

 

At Monday, April 03, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan, since NZ is a day ahead of us, we will all be watching what happens to you.

Good luck!

 

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006, Blogger Rulan

whoa. he he. David, it is the 5th of April here in kiwi land today.
I wonder if I'll notice the time tick by?
God bless you, my friend. You are a treasure.

 

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Very cool...but it will happen again in 3006...ar ar ar!