/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
February 15, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 2/15/2006 01:27:00 PM
.......
“No, I like it black.” I said.

Igg and Ook exchanged nervous glances, and handed me the cup. Ook’s sister caught my eye and shook her head ever so slightly.

They messed with my coffee?

The war is on!

Igg and Ook’s eyes met as I pretended my first sip. In the midst of Sunday School, I went to the coffee pot and pretended to pour more into my still full cup. I thought the pair would jump up and dance.

When the class was finished, the two boys shot out of my office. Ook’s sister stayed behind. I figured it was a dog-terd, but they dropped a few ex-lax pills into the grinder with the coffee beans. I was impressed; I’d under estimated those two.

After church, I called their moms to my office. They were so embarrassed. It was tempting to let it go, but where would the fun be in that? I asked if we could teach them with a little payback. Their lips twisted with satisfaction and we brought the dynamic duo in.

“Boys, I need to know if you did something to my coffee? I have allergies to certain drugs that could kill me.” (hey, I really do have allergies)

“Oh my, we didn’t think of that... Sorry Dave, we put ex-lax in your coffee. Will you be ok?”

“I’m fine, but this is the way it is. Your mothers and I agreed that payback is called for. You won’t know where or when, but its coming.”

They swallowed hard, nodded and marched out of my office under their mother’s icy gaze. Life can be so sweet. For the next few weeks, I offered them all kinds of tasty treats, but nothing happened. They were nervous wrecks.

It happened the weekend we went to Canada. Ook’s sister busied herself at my espresso machine, making Igg and Ook’s mocha’s under their worried and watchful eyes.

“Can I try a sip? It looks so good.” Ook’s sister set the hook that spelled her brother’s doom.

He nodded and both boys sighed with relief as she tipped up the cup. I almost cried, I was so proud of her.

The short trip to Canada took a little longer that day. By the smell of things, they didn’t quite make it between all the rest stops. I love my job.
.......
 



20 Comments:


At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Blogger Rulan

LOL, that's so funny. Remind me never to mess with your coffee. he he he.

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan, How about I send you some nice American chocolate?

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol, that would be lovely, but only if the packet is still perfectly sealed and not called ex-lax. he he

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

I Already to Rulan, not to take any chocolate! :)
janice

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Hi Janice. Yeah, I wouldn't dare trust him. Mind you, I'm pretty good at paybacks. Muahahahaha

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm going to have to go back to school , and learn how to spell :(
Hi Rulan, remind me not to turn my back on you 2 :)
janice

 

At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Donny, Donny, Donny... What goes around, comes around.

On the NEXT trip to Syracuse you might want to bring some Attends.

 

At Thursday, February 16, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Don't alert Donny to that Curm...see...I'm the choir director and Bible study teacher at his church...ROFL...LOL(insert maniacal laughter here!)

Hi Donny...Mocha lattes all around?

 

At Friday, February 17, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bonnie - Your church sounds awsome. Do you think they'd let me visit?

I'll even bring the Mochas.

 

At Friday, February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Curm,
may you and your have a safe, and blessed weekend :)
janice

 

At Friday, February 17, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Janice, Thank you for the kind words. God bless you too.

 

At Friday, February 17, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

I just put my coffee down and stared at it suspiciously. Of course Igg and Ook are not here... right. The coffee is okay... right. You've made me a nervous wreck, David!

 

At Friday, February 17, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Gina, beware... Igg lives somewhere nearby.

 

At Friday, February 17, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Think if I ever get over your way, I'll bring my own chocolate and teabags. lol Which reminds me, Tea is best.

Have a blessed weekend.

 

At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

I read this earlier but couldn't comment for some reason...anyway, one of my best friends who is a complete practical joker had one day made cookies for a guy that had been really mean to her (college days)...they looked like chocolate-chip cookies (if you get my meaning) but they sent him to the toilet for days. Heh.

 

At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Mimi, I think I may have dated that girl?

 

At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Blogger William G.

By the smell of things, they didn’t quite make it between all the rest stops.

*gag*

Who had to clean that up???

 

At Saturday, February 18, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

William - I didn't mention, but Igg and Ook's mummies came along for the fun.

 

At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

i will remember and never forget not to mess with your coffee. hehe...

 

At Sunday, February 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Pia, you can mess with my coffee anytime... But beware of the payback :)