/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
February 13, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 2/13/2006 04:41:00 PM
.......
This year I got Mrs. Curmudgeon something different for Valentine’s Day.

It all started at church a couple weeks ago. My wife returned from the bathroom just after the singing started. The poor old girl’s dress was tucked inside the back of her undies. It was great; the boys and I couldn’t stop laughing.

That’s when this old woman in the pew behind us smacked me on the back of my head. She pointed at my wife’s rump and signaled for me to fix her dress. I nodded and gave the dress a tug; but instead of a thank you, I got my toes stomped. I yelped, but nobody seemed to notice. I’m not much of a singer.

Last week as usual, my wife returned from the lady’s room just after the singing started. I looked at her backside, but her dress hung free. She glared at me as she picked up her hymnal and started singing.

What did I do now?

That’s when the old woman behind me gave me another whack on the back of my head. She pointed at my wife’s rump, nodded and smiled so sweetly. I understood at last; it must be a fashion thing. I reached over, grabbed a handful of her dress and tucked it in.

The hospital only kept me overnight. They are always so nice. I figured I better do something special for Valentines Day to make it up to her. Usually I buy her chocolates, but this year I got her a nice pantsuit, some soft-soled shoes and a six month supply of diet pills.
.......
 



10 Comments:


At Monday, February 13, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Curm, funny. I don't know how much of that I should believe, but boy you shall tell it good. lol
Hey, at least she didn't hit you with the pew. Wonder what she'll do when she reads your blog? he he he

 

At Monday, February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

LOL !!!!....I needed this SO BADLY today...cause i hate Valentines Day...cant stop laughing....and I've just been having bad days lately....thank you for bringing some laughter into my day !!! God bless...Donna

 

At Monday, February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Curm, you be lucky if she didn't make you sleep in the dog house :)
I'm just glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth at the time, I rad this
LOL
good one!
janice

 

At Monday, February 13, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

YOU ARE TERRIBLE!!! Oh man! I'd have kicked ya so hard you'd be singing soprano with the choir! But man that is FUNNY. Oh poor sweet Mrs. Curmudgeon!

BTW~Keegan has begged me to print out the rest of your book. He is on chapter 28 now and plans on writing you soon. He loves it...pirates, zombies, indians, giants, demons, and angels! The only problem he has with it is the mushy love stuff (which of course I love.) But Mr. Fast Reader told me I better have it ALL printed by the morning. So, what have I been doing for the last hour? Yep. Standing by the computer, flipping pages to double side print. Eyeyiyie! I'm on chapter 18 and enjoying it! I'll tell you all my comments soon. Found a couple of typos...no biggie. Are you having it professionally edited right now? Just wondering. Okay, now that I've talked your eyes out, I'll be going...to read more of your fun book. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

At Monday, February 13, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

OMGosh!...Have they put a gold plaque on the hospital room that you regularly occupy? and given you frequent visitor miles...LOL

You'd have been picking "Bringing in the Sheaves" outta' your teeth if it were me...she must be a saint..ROFLOL!!!LOL!!!

 

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006, Blogger K W Puck

This is so FUNNY! By the way, I finished your book. So, when can you send me the next one? It was GREAT! I liked the sword fights the best, you did them real good. I loved it.

 

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

Come here, David, let me smack the back of your head again! It was funny!

 

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Hey?! Where's curm?! Oh no, I think he must be hiding beneath the pews. Awe, poor curmie. lol

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Blogger Gordon

This is hilarious! Best laugh I have had all day.

 

At Wednesday, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

HEY CURM !
are you hiding ? or did your wife, send you to the dog house? :)
janice