/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
February 09, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 2/09/2006 10:15:00 AM
.......
No, I’m not talking about the movie with all the squealing. Nope it’s not about those steaming hot pizzas (yeah right, steaming cold maybe) hand-delivered to our door. I’m not going to hit you over the head with the photo album that chronicled little Bubba’s birth.

I asked the Lord what He wanted me to write about today, and as I waited, my mind began to wander (nothing new here). I discovered a crumb on my keyboard from this morning’s bran muffin, popped it in my mouth and spat it out. That was no bran muffin.

That’s when it hit me. I asked the wrong question. I should have asked, “Lord, what are you up to today?” The answer came before the question left my lips.

“I’m setting the captive’s free.” He said.

“But I can’t do that!” I protested.


“That’s right... You can’t, but I can.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Turn your eyes on Me, instead of every Tom, Slick and Mary that did something to make you mad. Forgive them. Let it go. Pray blessings into their life. Spend a little time in the word and then come and talk to me for a while.”

“Cool, I’ll get right on it... Hey Lord, who are we going to deliver?”


“You’ve never met them, but someday they’ll pick up your book and...”
.......
 



9 Comments:


At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Hi curm. God is so awesome, isn't He?! He alone knows whats going to happen. Sometimes He'll tell us, sometimes He waits. So cool. Hey man, He's so right about your book. He never lies. He knows it all.
Tell me, why on earth did you try eating that crumb? What color was it? Did it try to crawl away before you grabbed it?
God bless you.

 

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

LOL, I was needing a good laugh,

speaking of books, when am I going to get to read yours? :)
glad your back!
janice

 

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan - thanks for stopping by. Not sure what that fictional crumb was, but it was as hard, with spikes and bazookas and...


Janice - I'm happy you got a laugh. I can't tell you about when the book will come; it's in the Lord's hands.

 

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

You are right, it is in the Lord'd hands!

I'm not a patient person, Iknow one of the many thing I need to work on!

thanks for the reminder,
it's in the LORD'S hands
janice

 

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

I just finished Beth Moore's Breaking Free. 10 weeks about setting the captive free.

Another interesting speck here.

 

At Friday, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

curm, i wish i have your book in my hands now.

 

At Saturday, February 11, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

I want to read it too. I'm glad that I sat my coffee down before I got to the crumb...LOL...that was too funny.

Isn't it neat how we can talk to God on a regular basis...The secular world misses out on so much...too bad, so sad!

 

At Sunday, February 12, 2006, Blogger Gordon

Forgiveness is a powerful word. And you are right, it certainly is liberating.

 

At Monday, February 13, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Crumbs for the Crumudgeon! Har har. Loving your book. I feel so special!