/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
January 30, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 1/30/2006 05:23:00 PM
.......
I spent a good part of my growing up on the backside of Green Mt. My days were filled with swimming in the lake, fishing or hiking. One day I took my dog “frosty” out to do a little exploration in the woods.

I figured that if I kept to the logging roads, I’d be just fine. There were hundreds of them, meandering their way through the forest. One Saturday, I’d been walking for hours when I came upon an ancient apple tree and an old log cabin, already fallen to the ground in a heap.

After stuffing my gut full of tiny green apples, I took off to do some more exploring. That’s when I noticed that it was getting dark. I turned around and started to run, determined not to be late for dinner.

Somehow, the twists and turns seemed different in the fading light. It didn’t take too long before I realized that I was lost. I let Frosty pull me along, hoping he knew where he was going. In doing so, I became even more lost.

We never went to church and I didn’t know a thing about God other than repeating the night time prayers my Mom taught us when we were little. I didn’t know how to pray anything else, but I was desperate and I needed God’s help.

“Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep...God, help me. I’m lost!” I sobbed.

Before I could count to ten, a fox leapt from the brush and started running up the logging road. Frosty just about pulled my arm out of socket as he took after the fox. I figured that he’d jump back into the brush, but instead he just kept to the logging road at a slow, steady pace.

We followed him up one road and then another for the better part of half a mile. Then as suddenly as he appeared, the fox vanished into the brush. That’s when I noticed the old log cabin. I knew where I was!

I don’t know if it was an Angel in the form of a fox, or a fox on a mission from God. One thing I’ve never doubted is that God answered my prayer.

Praise God!

.......
 



12 Comments:


At Monday, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

he truly is, An AWESOME GOD! is he not! :)

thanks Curm
janice

 

At Monday, January 30, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Janice - Yes, the Lord is awesome!

 

At Monday, January 30, 2006, Blogger Rulan

So cool. God moves in mysterious ways. He is so wonderful. Did you tell your mum and dad?

 

At Monday, January 30, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan,

PLEASE don't tell my Mom, ok?

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Ooh, don't know about that. chuckle

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

God truly is so visible in your life on how He lead and guided you. praise God! and yes, God moves in mysterious ways.

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

Wow, Curm, words fail me! God is just plain good!

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Isn't it amazing how in hindsight we can see the hand of God all around us....very neat story!

I know of many others who have had similar experiences...God is all around us, but the world refuses to see...how sad!

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

I can see the fox smiling as he jogs along. What a great word picture you've created here Dave. Love it. And how beautiful the story of the beginning of faith!

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Oh, I LOVE the new look of your blog! So angelic too!

 

At Tuesday, January 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey Curm ... what a wonderful story. Sometimes I think God speaks loudest in the silence of nature. Of course, the "mysterious" side of me focused on the fallen cabin wondering how long it had been there, who might have lived there, why did they leave ... ohhh ... hmmm, I'll stop now.

Nice bright look to the blog, too.

Blessings, Francine

 

At Thursday, February 02, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

Another miracle! Just a wonderful story. I felt a fresh breeze from it ;)