/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
May 04, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 5/04/2006 01:01:00 AM
Each day at sunrise and again at sunset, my youngest son Johnny (13) has been searching for Bambi. This morning he was rewarded with a doe with her little one munching grass in our yard.

He was so excited. I think he thought that Flower and the rest of the gang would also pop out of the woods. We do have our share of skunks, so I was relieved that Flower didn’t make an appearance.

My heart aches because of his autism and I wish he could talk, or even go to the toilet without help. I don’t know why he is the way he is, or why the Lord let it happen.

All I know is that Johnny is the most beautiful child in the world. I’ve been transformed by his sweetness, purity of heart and perfect joy. I love you son. You make me so proud.
 



16 Comments:


At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger jel

he has a heart just like his daddy,
I bet!!! :)

please give him a hug from me!
thanks .

you have a great day!

and God bless you and your wonderful family!
and thanks for stopping by

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Janice,

May the Lord bless you!

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger jel

he has, but sometime I don't always see it as one!

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger Rulan

It takes a special family to love and care for these little gems.

Not all kids receive the love they need and it must bring the Lord such pain. But, when the families He's chosen to care for these kids, love them as much as you do, it must bring great joy to His heart.

The Lord holds every child in the palm of His hand. He watches over them and rewards those who care for them.

Young Johnny and all your children, are so blessed to have such parents as you and Darla.

You must bring such joy to the Father's heart as He sees the love you share.

God bless you, my friend.

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan, You're right. My Johnny is a gem.

God bless!

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

God bless you Dave. I actually have four different friends who all have an autistic child. Did you know that out of every 1000 children, 5 of them will be autistic.

I have been especially heartened with my friend Debbie. They have poured their time and talent in their som Merlin...today at the age of ten, you wouldn't know he was autistic if you just met him!

God bless these precious children!

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bonnie,

Your friend Debbie sounds a lot like my Darla. She was the first to reach into his little world and to draw him into ours.

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger Kim

What a wonderful glimpse at your son. He sounds beautiful.

 

At Thursday, May 04, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Kim.

Yep, he's a keeper.

 

At Friday, May 05, 2006, Blogger jel

Thanks




Have a great weekend,

 

At Friday, May 05, 2006, Blogger donna

Bless you David...and your sweet wife and son....

Donna

 

At Saturday, May 06, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

I can hear the joy of spotting Bambi. Oh, the love in that voice!

 

At Saturday, May 06, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Janice, Donna & Mimi,

Thanks for the kind words.

I am a lucky dad.

 

At Monday, May 08, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Your family is lucky to have you as their head. You obviously love them more than words can say.

God bless you.

 

At Monday, May 08, 2006, Blogger Beverly

What a dear post! Came to you by way of Janice.

 

At Monday, May 08, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Beverly, Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by.