/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
March 27, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 3/27/2006 06:41:00 PM
.......
Over the years, I’ve found no more powerful teaching technique than story-telling to impart truth to teens, or people of any age. I suppose that could be why Jesus used parables to illustrate the life changing truths we hold so dear.

I came across a superb example of teaching through fiction over at Michele Archer’s blog, -My Christian Writing Thingy-. The topic of Jesus birth is fascinating, but so is the way she used her story to impart truth.

Well done Michelle!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Parts 4 & 5

Part 6

Part 7 & 8

Parts 9 & 10

Parts 11 - 16
.......
 



11 Comments:


At Monday, March 27, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Hi curm. Hey, now I will have to go over there and have me a read. Sounds interesting. God bless you, my friend.

 

At Monday, March 27, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

So Rulan, it looks like I caught you slumming again. Thanks for stopping by. Yes, be sure to visit her blog.

 

At Monday, March 27, 2006, Blogger Rulan

LOL, Slumming? Me? I don't slum, I only mix with the best of them. You nutter. chuckle

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger jel

Morning curm,
I love story time :)

oh and what is a nutter? :(


have a great day!

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

Whoa! Curm, I am humbled and speechless that you thought so much of the little story!





Curm, I am humbled and speechless that you would think so much of the little story. I only hope the rest of it lives up to your expectations.

Thanks!

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

And we now know the dangers of starting a response at school...like above, you end up typing over yourself! Lol!

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Michelle - Blogger is acting up again. The same thing happened to me twice this morning.

Hey, great writing. I loved it.

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Jel - What is a nutter? You will have to ask a Kiwi to know for sure, but I believe it is like calling someone a "goof-ball", but in a good way.

You Nutter, you.

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger jel

I thought she called you a cookie,
nutter butters (peanut butter cookie) :)

loved them when I was kid!

still do if you are luck enough to find them! :)

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

hey! nice to see you back. i've been away for sometime myself and i've got a lot of catching up to do... starting now! =)

 

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Pia, it's good to see you again!