/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
March 23, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 3/23/2006 01:59:00 PM
.......
At least I’m still breathing and that’s not bad. I won’t bore you with what ills have found residence in my system, because I don’t really know myself. This unknown bug is like a house guest that refuses to leave. And like anything else, it reminds me of a funny (true) story.

Mr. and Mrs. K. had a bible study that met in their home. One of the guests was a large young woman, a bit on the homely side. The other ladies, being more mature in the Lord, took her under their wings, helping her to remain strong, saving herself for marriage.

And so, the drama went on for weeks until the homely young woman brought her boyfriend to the Bible Study. “We are engaged to be married!” she said, and announced that he agreed to wait until their wedding night.

Everyone went home rejoicing after the study, except for the young couple. They sat there, hand in hand, cooing and laughing the hours away, like the young couple in love they were. But, the hour had grown late, and Mr. K. losing his patience, said goodnight and went to bed. Mrs. K. watched her husband go, hoping the homely young couple would take the hint, but they did not.

Time droned on in slow motion, the young couple seemed in their own little world. Mrs. K. dropped one hint after another, each growing in strength, but her words could not reach them. So intent on each other, the young couple was, that they did not notice that Mr. K. had returned.

“Mrs. K., are you coming to bed?” He said gruffly, standing there, BUCK-NAKED, for the whole world to see! Eyes wide, the young couple scurried from the house, as Mrs. and Mr. K. laughed their butts off.

As life is stranger than fiction, so is this story. Fate was against the young couple and they soon broke up. Only then did they learn that the homely young woman was not all she, or should I say, HE was not the woman he professed to be.

.......
 



20 Comments:


At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

ROFL! I am in whoops! That is so funny, David.

I am so delighted you are back!

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Gina, thanks for nudging me back to life!

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol, curm, what a tail. So funny. Love your stories.

It is so good to see you back, my friend. It's been way too long.

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Rulan, there you go again, making fun of my tail.

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger jel

Boy howdee, is it good to see you back friend.
that's some story :)


what's this about a tail?

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

And boy does he know how to come back!

I was getting worried about you!

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Janice - Yep, Rulan was mocking my tail again. Shameful.


Michelle – Happy birthday (yesterday) Where’s my cake?

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

I'm glad to see you back Curm...That story is funny but Ai can attest to the truthfulness....at least of the he/she....we've had several of them come into our church at various times in the last few years. The last she-male was arrested for shoplifting, only to be found out in the jail that she needed a transfer to the male side of the barracks! LOL...she had a better manicure than I did....sheesh!

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bonnie - great to see you!

Imagine of all those women in the bible study offering her/him advice, praying for her virtue, and....

 

At Thursday, March 23, 2006, Blogger Rulan

lol... couch, splutter, chuckle

 

At Friday, March 24, 2006, Blogger Gordon

That is just too funny!

 

At Friday, March 24, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Gordo - thanks for stopping by. I am honored.

When Mrs. K. told me the story, I laughed my butt off. It was funny, but creepy too. The house guest from hell goes crying game.

 

At Friday, March 24, 2006, Blogger donna

Curm...so glad to see you and your wonderful humor back !!!

God Bless
Donna

 

At Friday, March 24, 2006, Blogger jel

I'm still worried about the tail :(

 

At Friday, March 24, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

How does that happen Curm? My birthday--you ask where YOUR cake is?

I got brownies with walnuts on top. Then I put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and drizzled some caramel. Topped with whipped cream. Scrumptious!!

 

At Saturday, March 25, 2006, Blogger Curious Servant

Ha!

Some things are simply not meant to be.

Glad you are back.

 

At Saturday, March 25, 2006, Blogger RitasRavings

Hi Curm,
Haven't seen you around lately and wondering if you're okay. Had to stop by and check. Funny story!! There was a couple at a church over in Algona (yep, in WA) who were NOT what they seemed. She was the he and he was the she and when I met them I thought they looked odd. Little did I know! It made my head spin. They were married and I didn't want to know the details of THAT relationship.

Come visit us soon.
Love,
Rita

 

At Saturday, March 25, 2006, Blogger M. L. Archer

CUrm! Good to see you back! praying for you!

 

At Monday, March 27, 2006, Blogger jel

Hi Curm, just wanted to stop and say hiya! :)

take care ! Brother

 

At Tuesday, April 04, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Too much! Oh man, I'm laughing my bottom off! Breathe Mimi, BREATHE!