/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
September 28, 2005
posted by David Meigs at 9/28/2005 12:52:00 PM
Are you a Christian writer? If so, please give me a moment of your time. I promise to keep this to 250 words because I know your time is precious. What I am about to say is not controversial and I am sure you will be in complete agreement. This simple statement will separate the sheep from the goats, depending on how well you incorporate this truth into your life. Ready, here it is...

Only Jesus gives life.

So far only 78 words, so permit me to expound further on the truth of that statement. The best writer in the world cannot give life. Let me say it again. “Only Jesus gives life!” There I added an exclamation point to drive it home. The key is not how dazzling and witty is your prose. Nor is your success derived from perfect punctuation or tight sentences. You can’t give life. Only Jesus can.

152 words, I better get cracking. John chapter 15 is about “abiding in the vine”. Jesus had one last message for his disciples before suffering the cross. You can bet it was as critical to Him as will be your dying words to your children. He told them that they could not give life. Only He could give life.

Are you connected to the vine? Are you spending time in the word? How goes the battle with the flesh? Does your writing flow from Him or from His talented and highly skilled servant?

Hmmm... 250 words, not bad.


 



7 Comments:


At Wednesday, September 28, 2005, Blogger Rulan

Way to go Curm. Such truth and you did it with a sprinkle of humor.
If we don't let the Lord speak through us, then we are as nothing. Love your blog.

 

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005, Blogger Francine Biere

David,

You will never know what these words mean to me. It's as if God knew I needed these EXACT words. Well ... not "as if," lol. He did and He brought me here.

Thank you so much.

Francine

 

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Francine, I wrote a completely different blog for today and then the Lord started working on me. Trust me; this post was more for me than anyone else. God bless you!



Rulan, You are the nicest person I know in all of cyberspace. Thanks for the kind words!


David

 

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005, Blogger Rulan

David, I can say the same for you. Thank you for you friendship. Keep up the good work. The Lord speaks through you my friend.

 

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005, Blogger jomo

David,
I thought you thought I was the nicest person on planet earth! I'm crushed!
Seriously, this post was outstanding. You nailed it, man!

 

At Thursday, September 29, 2005, Blogger Elaina M. Avalos

Wow! I needed that so badly today. Thank you for that!

~Elaina
www.emawrites.blogspot.com

 

At Thursday, September 29, 2005, Blogger Cindy

David-found my way here through the FiF board-what timing this post has for me, as well. We have to keep that heart connection-He is the fire in our bellies-the passion in our blood. Blessings, dear Brother.

By the way-loved your entry.

Cindy