/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
August 19, 2005
posted by David Meigs at 8/19/2005 12:01:00 PM
This morning I looked in the mirror and thanked God. Can you blame me? I have repeated this ritual for years. Oh, the custom may vary in sequence. I sometimes pluck my nose hairs before I do the ears, or elect to harvest them another day. I might floss before I brush, or maybe let it all go in favor of wearing a golden smile. After all, what can I do to improve anything?

“Lord, thank you that you love me as I am, warts and all.” I always say.

Let’s face it. I’ve not won any beauty contests in..., well never. I have what you call the perfect face for radio. I suppose the same could be true of a writer. Yes, that’s it. I have the perfect face for a writer. All I need is one or two photos for book covers anyway. They can do amazing things with Photoshop these days. Hey, why diet? A good digital artist can make the pounds melt away. I’ve never felt tall enough... No problem, they can stretch me.

God loves me the way I am. Mom loves me no matter what I do. Darla loves me, the kids love me and even the dog adores me. I am loved. With all my warts, frumpy backside, wild nose hairs and golden smile. I am loved. My cup is full. Life is good.

Unfortunately, this was not true for my friend Marc. Nope, no loving hand ever held him as a boy. He never heard the words “I love you son”. You see Marc was a “slave child” in Haiti. He never knew love or kindness as a lad. He slept under the kitchen table, where all slave children must sleep. He was not even given clothes to wear.

Here is my announcement. I have been asked to write Marc’s story, and that of the Ministry of Haiti Arise. I began the interviews on Tuesday. I will share more on Monday. You will be blown away. We serve a mighty God!

David
 



13 Comments:


At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger Francine Biere

David ... there is so much joy in the things you write and I need to find a way to come here more regularly.

Congrats on the offer although I know it will be a heart-wrenching project. I would be most interested in reading the final product. People-trafficking is an area in which I'm collecting research. It's an area too few know about.

I pray continued blessings for you and your writing.

Francine

 

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger lindaruth

This sounds like a great opportunity to tell a story that needs to be told.
God bless.
Linda

 

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Francine,

Gut wrenching is not a strong enough of a phrase. I have actually been working on the book in the research stages for over a year. After beginning Marc’s testimony, I felt it needed to be shared in snippets now. Marc’s story is both bitter and sweet. His heart is full of joy and optimism because of what he endured and not in spite of it. God bless you!

David

 

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Linda,

Thanks for stopping by. Yup, this is a story that must be told. Take care,

David

 

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous

Nose hairs, eh?
Mmmm, wonder how long they'd grow if you left them?
NO! Don't you dare even think of letting them grow. Imagine walking down the street one day and standing on a nose hair. Ouch, instant pluck. No, we shant even go there. We won't even think of it.
Forgive me, my friend, for my crazy humor has got away on me today.
Your humor is great and your blogs are touching.
All the best for you and Marc as you write the story that must be told. May the Lord reach many hearts through the words that you share.

 

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Kid,

Pluck or trip, eh? You Kiwi’s have some strange hygiene practices. Thanks for the kind words!

Curm.

 

At Friday, August 19, 2005, Blogger Rulan

LOL,
You are most welcome.
Hey, I just had a thought. You could always grow those nose hairs long enough to use as a scarf in winter.
Oops, think I better run now... HELP?!! He's got the axe he uses to chop the firewood................

 

At Saturday, August 20, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Kid, permit me to offer a curmudgeon’s welcome to a blog of your own.


Now you’re stuck with the rest of us thinkin up something to say
Excepting for weekends on each blessed day

Tis a life sentence with no early parole
Sharing your heart will be forever your goal

May you grow, stretch and deepen as a writer, artist and mum
And always look back fondly on the blog you’ve begun


Curm

 

At Saturday, August 20, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Donna,

Thanks for stopping by. Share Marc’s story on the blog? A flock of mutated 8th graders couldn’t stop me. It is too heavy to share it day by day, so perhaps just Mondays to begin with. I hope you do check in. I promise it will touch your heart, it sure has mine.

David

 

At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

Wow. Our God is indeed an awesome God! (Don't you just sing it in your head every time you hear that!?) If you don't, please don't tell me, ok, that would mean I'm odd. :) Well, I am odd. Don't tell, ok?

I truly cannot wait to read Marc's story. What an opportunity to serve!!

 

At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Blogger Mr. DUDE MAN

i can't wait to read the story mate.

 

At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Michelle,

Yep, that song is stuck in a loop in my head too. Life is good. Thanks for stopping by!

 

At Sunday, August 21, 2005, Blogger David Meigs

Mr. Dude Man,

Thanks for visiting. I love your handle!

God bless,

Curm