/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
July 25, 2005
posted by David Meigs at 7/25/2005 10:09:00 AM
Dad was a fireman. They scheduled him 24 hours on and 48 off, so he worked a second job at the local cemetery. Ol’ Dad put the bread on the table by digging holes, dousing the odd fire and rescuing cats from trees. The thing is he hated cats, and spot, the firehouse dog made him nervous.

Even after forty years, I can still hear him grumbling. “Boy, in all my life I’ve never seen the skeleton of a cat in a tree! In time, a cat will climb down on its own. Another thing son; when working on a fire hydrant, never turn your back on a dog.”

Ol’ Dad was a deep man. Eventually he made fire chief. It’s a good thing too, because the cemetery was a dead end job.

Personally, I’d have no problem leaving the hair-ball in the tree. Hey, I’m a dog person. Leaving my worries in God’s hands is another story. I want to drive up, pray into the box, pull forward, receive my order and speed away.

“Lord, teach me to await your perfect timing!” Amen. Praise God!

On Tuesday, I want to share my first impressions of the new book “Forgiving Solomon Long” by Chris Well.