/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
August 07, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 8/07/2006 03:27:00 PM
I’ve not been posting much these days, nor have I been able to visit all the wonderful blogs I normally frequent. Things have been a little hectic.

My mom is in the hospital and I’ve spent much of my time at her side. If it were not for the wireless network at the hospital, I’d not be here at all. Praise God for free wireless!

Last week, when I was praying for my friend Kay to go to heaven, the Lord told me to add my mom to this prayer. It was a bit of a shock, but I did as the Lord told me. Two days later, mom had another stroke, or a seizure maybe, we still don’t know.

I got the call from my sister who was already with mom at the hospital. She said that mom was unresponsive and only stared blankly, unaware of her surroundings. When I arrived at the ER parking lot, I prayed before going in.

“David, it was like a miracle! Not even five minutes before you walked in, Mom suddenly inhaled deeply and then she was back to normal. It was like day and night,” she said.

I told her of my prayer in the parking lot. “It was a miracle!” she said, and I agreed.

The doctors don’t know what to do with mom. She seems to be back to her old-self, albeit still in the grip of Alzheimer’s. While they look for a scientific reason for her miraculous recovery, we all know it was the Lord’s healing touch.

Please pray with me for my mom’s salvation and that she’d either be completely healed or that the Lord would take her home.

Four years ago, when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I lead her in the sinner’s prayer. Within a few weeks, she was mentally gone to us. I never really knew how real that prayer was for her.

There are others in the family who are just as active in their prayers as I have been, except they pray to demonic spirit guides to come into her and they incant who knows what over mom with their crystals.

There is a battle raging for my mom’s soul. Please pray with me.
 



10 Comments:


At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger jel

David,
your mom, you and your family have been in my prayers , since I was told about her, and I will still be praying !

God bless brother!


huggs

 

At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger Mirtika

Ah, I"m having flashbacks to the terrible time of my mom's demise. Nothing hurts worse, I think, other than this happening to one's child. (Not that I would know, being childless, but that I assume.)I still have a gaping hole in me from losing dad and, even moreso, mom.

I know how you feel about the salvation. My dad's I have no full assurance, just a mild one, as if God let me have tiny, tiny signs to give me hope.

I am assured with mom. I had a long time at her bedside to talk of Jesus, to read the Bible, to ask, and to feel assured.

I hope that God gives you full assurance, that your mom's salvation will be so shiny and lovely that anyone would understand she has been reborn.

And, as I prayed for my mom, I ask God to heal your mom post salvation, or take her home to heaven post salvation, but not to leave her in the grip of a long and terrible decline.

His will be done.

Hugs to you, my dear D.

Mir

 

At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger Rulan

Praying for you and your mom, my friend.

May the Lord grant you your heart's desire. May the peace that only comes with salvation, flood your mom and surround you all with the Father's great love and assurance.

Father, protect David's mom from the hand of the enemy. Let the Glory of God be seen, in Jesus mighty name.

 

At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

I will pray my friend! God is in control, so don't worry about those evil people. You just keep praying salvation, peace and protection over her and those who come in contact with her!

 

At Monday, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey, Curm--got your mother covered with prayer on this end! Praying the mighty power of Jesus over your mother right this minute--His salvation, power, peace, and protection! The Lord bless her and draw her close to Him during this time, and also give you peace that He has done so.

In Christ's love & grace,
V.

 

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

By Faith in the Son of a living God,Jesus Christ, and power in His Spoken Word, I stand with you believing. God bless brother.

 

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and kind words of encouragement. Mom is at a nursing home now, but will be coming home to my sister’s house in a few days.

Your prayers have meant much to me. God bless each of you richly!

 

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Blogger donna

david...praying for your mom and those other family members as well...

God bless
Donna

 

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006, Blogger donna

david...praying for your mom and those other family members as well...

God bless
Donna

 

At Monday, August 14, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thank you for the words of encouragment.

God bless you too!