/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
July 19, 2006
posted by David Meigs at 7/19/2006 12:28:00 AM
...continued from yesterday.


It took a couple weeks, but we found her on the other side of the nation. She actually tracked down her dad. The ache in the pit of my stomach predicted how the reunion turned out.

“You were a mistake and I never wanted you,” he said, “I don’t love you and I never want to see you again!”

Her eyes were dry and hollow as she told me what happened. She was more hardened somehow and even worse, she blamed God for the rejection.

For the next few years, I watched her pass herself from one boy to another in search of filling the empty dad-shaped hole in her heart. She kept God at a safe distance. There was no way she’d risk being let down again.

She got pregnant and quit high school.

“I’m praying for a son. I will love him and he will love me. We will always have each other!” she said.

But she had a beautiful little girl, instead.

..........................

In the past thirteen years, so many of my prayers were answered. The mom (now a grandma) had married a godly man who was gentle and loving to his wife and stepdaughters. But it was too late for the oldest daughter; her soul was as lonely as the grave. For the next dozen years, I heard nothing but bad reports of run-ins with the law, drug abuse and a string of bad men.

Yesterday, I sat down with her mom. The fourteen year old “runaway” girl that spent the weekend as the guest of my daughter all those years ago is now thirty. She was in jail again and her now teenage daughter is falling in with the wrong crowd.

She hasn’t hit bottom yet, but when she does, she will look up and see her Heavenly Father reaching for her.


“I haven’t given up on you, daughter of my heart, and neither has your Heavenly Father. I’ll never stop praying for you!”


Someday, there will be a happy ending to this story.


.
 



16 Comments:


At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger Rulan

I pray that happy ending will come soon. Poor kid, she's been through so much. May the Lord's angels surround her and her daughter and guide them safely into the open arms of the heavenly Father.

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Rulan.

The Lord isn’t finished with her yet.. I look forward to writing the happy ending someday.

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger jel

will be praying for a happy ending someday too!

how is your friend Kay ?

take care

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Janice!

Kay’s not doing very good. I saw her yesterday.

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

I will pray for both the lost girl and Kay! The Lord's peace be to them both!

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Touching...moving. I've seen many kids like the one you described. Working with abused youth tears your heart out. We must pray for these beauties. These sad and rejected children who become sad and rejected adults.

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Bonnie and Mimi - Thank you for your prayers!

There is so much heartbreak in the world, but even more miraculous moves of the Holy Spirit. Nobody’s lost until the fat lady sings. Even in coma at death’s door, people call out to Jesus. I know some who’ve lived to talk about it and others who find Jesus in the midst of Alzheimer’s.

He is a loving God!

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger donna

David......how wonder how she would respond to getting together or even just talking with you or Darla...knowing someone has never stopped caring can penetrate the hardest of hearts and show them God's undying love...we are instruments of his love....will keep her and her daughter in prayer....thanks for sharing..
God Bless
Donna

 

At Wednesday, July 19, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks Donna!

I don’t know why, but I felt God wanted me to share that story. He must have His reasons.

God bless you my good friend!

 

At Thursday, July 20, 2006, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge

David, have you ever thought that's how God must feel when some silly human rejects Him and His Son? He can see so clearly what's missing but we are blind to it.

I am so sorry for her, but I know that some people have to go to the very bottom of the pit before they can look up.

 

At Thursday, July 20, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

You are so right.

My life has been one string of miracles after another since I hit bottom (hard) and looked up.

 

At Thursday, July 20, 2006, Blogger ~michelle pendergrass

Sometimes we must go through the valley.


I had a friend pray for me for about years without my knowledge. He was in college back then and answered God's call to ministry. He works with college kids.

He had heard from me right after I accepted Christ in 1991 and then, through the grapevine, he heard about my divorce and my not so pretty slide into despair.

He looked me up last year when his dad died and he had to come home for the funeral.

Guess what he found? ;)

God is good and holds to His promises. "God is not willing that any should perish, but all should come to repentance."

 

At Thursday, July 20, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Michelle, wow that was a powerful testimony of God’s faithfulness in your life. My story (as you know) is much the same.

If it were not for the grace of God, I’d be toast.

 

At Friday, July 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous

When I look back on my young years (once a teenage runaway) I remember people praying for me. Not my family, but complete strangers, neighbors, coworkers who knew the Lord and knew I needed Him. I thought they were nuts at the time, but how thankful I am that they persisted on my behalf.

We'll keep praying. God is still writing the story.

 

At Friday, July 21, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Vicki, my story was very similar to yours.

If the Lord hadn’t given me a Damascus road kind of revelation, I’d be dead or wishing I was. Yet even after God’s mighty demonstration in my conversion, my dysfunction remained until I hit bottom again.

It cost me everything, but that 2nd, “2nd chance” is what finally transformed my life. Since that day back in the mid-late 80’s my life has soared up and up.

I am believing the same thing for the young woman I wrote about. Lord, transform your servant. Set her free!

 

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006, Blogger David Meigs

Thanks for the prayers and the compliments. I’ll take either one anytime.