/************** REMOVE THIS TO UNHIDE THE BLOGGER NAVBAR **************** **/ #b-navbar {height:0px;visibility:hidden;display:none} /** *************************************************************************
April 07, 2007
posted by David Meigs at 4/07/2007 12:33:00 PM


My father, Max E. Meigs passed away on April 5th.

Goodbye Dad, you forever were and always shall remain my hero, teacher and friend.



This poem spoke to me of Dad’s nearly 30 year long struggle to survive life as a quadriplegic, cancer and all else he had to endure.


DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT
- by Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
.
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.
.
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
.
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 



5 Comments:


At Saturday, April 07, 2007, Blogger Rulan

Dear friend, know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Your father looks and sounds like a fine man; a man to be proud to call "dad". He has a fine son in you, my friend. He would be proud of the man you are.

God's peace and comfort to you and all your family.

 

At Saturday, April 07, 2007, Blogger jel

Dad's are special,

we got Our memories!

Peace

 

At Saturday, April 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

david, i'm so sorry to hear about your dad. i'm going through a lot myself and i haven't been around much lately. oh friend, (((HUGS))). praying for you...

 

At Saturday, April 07, 2007, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun

Dave, so sorry for your loss, but he is resting in the arms of our Lord right now, Amen!

My prayers are with you my friend!

 

At Monday, April 09, 2007, Blogger M. C. Pearson

Praying for you and yours, David.

Knowing that your father can now stand and run into Jesus' arms reminds me the song 'I Can Only Imagine' by Mercy Me or Casting Crowns (not sure which).